background

Lady Pamela's Tea Parlor

Monday, February 7, 2011

41st Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday; Marshmallows



Welcome to...


41st Tea Pot and Tea Things Tuesday





A loving welcome to all of you.  I am eagerly waiting to see what you have to surprise us with this week. 

I knew I wanted to have a Valentine's theme for this week's tea. (I am sure you will see a few)  I just didn't know I would have a week full of interruptions and delays. Amongest snow storms, a 24 hour shift with babies (I am a doula) and simply having a good portion of my home packed for staging and selling our home, I have had to rethink my tablescape. This is not what I had envisioned, but the water must boil and the tea must steep and gather togeher we will at the tea table.

If  time allows I will try to follow through with my plans and post later. 
While I finish preparing, I hope you enjoy
these favorite quotes about love.


 There is only one happiness in life -- to love and to be loved.

--George Sand



What I needed most was to love and to be loved, eager to be caught. Happily I wrapped those painful bonds around me; and sure enough, I would be lashed with the red-hot pokers or jealousy, by suspicions and fear, by burst of anger and quarrels.

--St. Augustine


 "When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams."

--Dr Seuss


 Women wish to be loved not because they are pretty, or good, or well bred, or graceful, or intelligent, but because they are themselves.

--Henri Frederic Amiel



The best thing about me is you.

--Shannon Crown


  If you love me, let me know. If not, please gently let me go.

--Anonymous


 You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.

--Sam Keen

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

--Heather Cortez

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

--Helen Keller


 “Love will always be a part of our lives.
It is the emotion that God has given us to use for him and to other people.”










This looks too plain!
What will I do?
I wonder where that box is?









“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
-Corinthians

If you are feeling creative, like I was, have a look below.
If you try these suggestions please let us know how they worked out.


Are you feeling soft-hearted this Valentine's Day? Reach for some marshmallows and transform them into confections of affection.

Start by greasing a heart-shaped petit four cutter or aspic cutter with vegetable oil or cooking spray.
 Cut several marshmallows in half horizontally, and then press the cutter into the center of each one. Float the marshmallows and the cutouts on hot chocolate.


Hot Chocolate with Marshmallow Hearts

Read more at Marthastewart.com: Hot Chocolate with Marshmallow Hearts - Martha Stewart Recipes
here







by CasaSugar @ http://www.yumsugar.com/
Make Your Own Marshmallow here 


 The method is surprisingly easy, but you do need an electric mixer. They're basically a combination of sugar, corn syrup, and gelatin. This mixture is whipped until tripled in volume, resulting in a light fluffy mess of marshmallow cream. It's so pillowy and delicious, it's hard not to lick the bowl.

Start a day ahead: the finished marshmallows need a night to set. To get the tried and trusted recipe I used:

Marshmallows

From Alton Brown



Ingredients

3 packages unflavored gelatin

1 cup ice cold water, divided

12 ounces granulated sugar, approximately 1 1/2 cups

1 cup light corn syrup

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 cup confectioners' sugar

1/4 cup cornstarch

Nonstick spray



Directions

1.Place the gelatin into the bowl of a stand mixer along with 1/2 cup of the water. Have the whisk attachment standing by.

2.In a small saucepan combine the remaining 1/2 cup water, granulated sugar, corn syrup and salt. Place over medium high heat, cover and allow to cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Uncover, clip a candy thermometer onto the side of the pan and continue to cook until the mixture reaches 240 degrees F, approximately 7 to 8 minutes. Once the mixture reaches this temperature, immediately remove from the heat.

3.Turn the mixer on low speed and, while running, slowly pour the sugar syrup down the side of the bowl into the gelatin mixture.

4.Once you have added all of the syrup, increase the speed to high. Continue to whip until the mixture becomes very thick and is lukewarm, approximately 12 to 15 minutes. Add the vanilla during the last minute of whipping. While the mixture is whipping prepare the pans as follows.

5.Combine the confectioners' sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl.

6.Lightly spray a 13 by 9-inch metal baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add the sugar and cornstarch mixture and move around to completely coat the bottom and sides of the pan. Return the remaining mixture to the bowl for later use.

7.When ready, pour the mixture into the prepared pan, using a lightly oiled spatula for spreading evenly into the pan. Dust the top with enough of the remaining sugar and cornstarch mixture to lightly cover. Reserve the rest for later. Allow the marshmallows to sit uncovered for at least 4 hours and up to overnight.

8.Turn the marshmallows out onto a cutting board and cut into 1-inch squares using a pizza wheel dusted with the confectioners' sugar mixture or using a sharp knife that you'll dip in the mug to keep the blade warm.

 Once cut, lightly dust all sides of each marshmallow with the remaining mixture, using additional if necessary. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.

Makes about 9 dozen.






http://chocolateandzucchini.com/archives/2008/01/rose_and_chocolate_marshmallows.php




~ I encourage you to stop by and savour another cup of tea while you enjoy her pretty vignettes.



We don't want to miss a single teacup or teapot!

The more the fun!


*************


As always, we cherish your comments and participation


with our Tuesday meme.



~You will be warmly welcomed if you choose to become a follower!~






Welcome to, Tuesday Tea Time In Blogland!


These are the links to the other oh-so-delightful tea parties and tabletop parties that I attend.

I invite you to drop in. ~ Many thanks to those who faithfully host each week.


~ Hope to see you there!!



( Our own memes are marked with an asterisk * ):




*~The 69th, 'Tuesday Tea For Two'




~ Tuesday Teatime with Lady Katherine



~ Teatime Tuesday with Sandi



~ Teacup Tuesday with Martha




~ Teacup Tuesday with Terri



~ Tabletop Tuesday with Marti



~ A Return to Loveliness with Kathy




*~ The 41st, 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday', with Wanda Lee and Pam @







Other favorite places I may visit this week:


~Tablescape Thursday with Susan



~ Foodie Friday with Michael




~Show and Tell Friday with Cindy




~Sunday Favorites with Chari






~We are most delighted to announce that Wanda Lee and I are going to have an Easter, teapot swap!

.., of either:



 #1~ A small teapot or,
 #2 ~ A small, 'Tea For One' teapot with stacking teacup or ,
  #3 ~A teeny, tiny miniature teapot PLUS some pretty,*tea things/in other words; the * teatime accoutrements of your choice; (that's really what we mean when we refer to, 'tea things')..,

*****************
***


 ..,All just for the fun, celebration and the love of teapots!

* PLEASE NOTE: We have chosen to suggest swapping only mini or small teapots so that the selection that you may choose to swap, including the shipping cost of these treasures to be swapped; ( this will keep the cost lower than a larger, full sized teapot).




~ When the time comes, we hope you will join in with the fun of our Easter, 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday' teapot swap!..,

..,We are greatly looking forward to this and will happily announce the exact date and details later!

~For suggestions, questions and/or comments simply post a comment below): ~ (Please bear in mind however, we have as mentioned, not finalized the date and details as of yet):


 
Cheers and hugs from Pam and Wanda Lee; ( Wanda Lee is the other half of our weekly blog tea party meme; 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday'.., @ http://silkenpurse.blogspot.com


27 comments:

  1. I'm joining in again this week I hope you like my very PINK post! This is fun seeing all the tea things.
    Marie Arden Pink Living

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO MUCH for this recipe, I LOVE homemade marshmallows in Hot Chocolate! What a treat! Your have such a beautiful post this week... Thank you so much for sharing and inviting us into your party!
    Hugs to you
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another hot chocolate served by the tea parties ladies. Its really good to be with joining the tea party again after my long silence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely tea, Pam! Your hot chocolate looks wonderful and the marshmallow hearts are adorable! Thanks for sharing and for tea.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS~ I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed all the sentiments and quotes; lovely!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the Royal Albert set...one of my favorites! And a perfect scripture, of course for a day of love. Thanks for the post!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fabuously pretty Pam..,Wow!

    I love all of your 'sayings' and timely scripture.., Thanks for co-hosting yet another, TTTT.

    Cheers WL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely understand how life ca get in the way of our plans, however, you did an amazing post in spite of your way laid plans.

    The Bible verse from I Corinthians is the most perfect definition of love,the love we all want and get only from God. Praise Him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay.what a super charming post...i adore your button filled tea cup..gorgeous photos and love the tea-cup-handles shot. Beautifully captivating..and lovely recipe!! Yum!
    Happy Tea
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a lot on your plate, but did a splendid job of sharing such a romantic tea with us!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is a delight to the eye and the soul bringing warmth and creativity amidst this winter's grip. I look forward to visiting again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my, I love all those "love" quotes. I'll have to think about using one of those for my Facebook status on Valentine's Day :) :) :) I do love just about any china with the word "Albert" in the pattern title :) :) Your English Rose china is gorgeous and so perfect for the season :) :) Yes, I would love a cup of that romantic hot chocolate ;) :) Very cute, with the heart-shaped cutout in the center of the marshmallow ;) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pam,
    I'm back once again to let you know that your name has been entered for the Giveaway. Those who participated in my tea parties the past three weeks earned three entries!
    I love your pretty English Rose tea things! What a scrumptious pattern! You have given us some lovely eye candy in spite of the fact that you have been so busy! Have a wonderful week, dear friend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally Gorgeous!!! Each photo is a feast for the eyes. I love your teapots and your beautiful tea cups!
    What a lovely romantic setting. Perfect for Valentine's Day.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another week joining you and reading your delicious recipes
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Pam,

    I am so enjoying perusing your lovely blog. I especailly love your antique red and pink rose topped teapot. How lovely! Do drop by my blog sometime soon for a spot of virtual splosh! You are most welcomed anytime, as the teapot in blogland is always on.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the buttons. Your teapot is quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved the little buttons and those wonderful heart marshmallows.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nicely done. I'll be coming back to join you for tea as soon as possible.

    Jan @ BellaCasa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very sweet...literally! This Christmas, I finally tried making marshmallows. I'll NEVER go back to those bagged things again! It's so EASY...and they taste so much BETTER....
    Jane (artfully graced)

    ReplyDelete
  21. awwww I love all of your quotes! and thank you for sharing the recipe and how to make the marshmallows into heart! i should have checked your blog first before buying one which i already did(bummer) but will try next time, all i need to do is to find a heart cutter that is small enough to do that! thanks for accompanying me for tea :) and I absolutely love your english rose tea set!! adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Count me in for a teapot swap!

    I wanted to invite you to the two linky parties I am planning. The first will be on February 23~ High Tea Tablescapes. Details can be found on my Wednesday posts. There will be PRIZES!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My goodness - quite the party - I have some catching up to do - one is to thank you for joining A Return to Loveliness - you've made it all the more special,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your table is beautiful. I LOVE this Royal Albert pattern. Red and pink flowers, what could be better! Homemade marshmallows, wow! My husband would love those (isn't Alton Brown great?)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very Pretty!! I've seen your teacup before at an Antique shop, but i've never seen the teapot! It's very sweet!! And thanks for sharing the mashmallow recipe and the cute picture of the heart mashmallow hot chocolate!! That is just darling!! <3
    ~Miss Spenser

    ReplyDelete