background

Lady Pamela's Tea Parlor

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

From Giada's Recipe Box

D o come in and cosy up in the chair by the fireplace.  I have a pretty pot of tea steeping for you and a sweet treat to share.  I will enjoy a relaxing chat with you before we visit with Silken Purse  for Wednesday Tea for Me and Thee.


 I was the hostess for a meeting at my home yesterday.  Nothing like company coming to spur me on to catch up on neglected chores. I had just a few minutes (14 minutes) to whip something up and pop it in the oven (Bake for 12 minutes).  
 It was just enough to eliminate that peck-ish feeling around tea time. 


Cinnamon Twists & Cardamom-Honey Dipping Sauce
Recipe & Picture courtesy Giada De Laurentiis


Cinnamon Twists

1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

1 tablespoon sesame seeds

1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom

2 tablespoons light brown sugar

1 (9 by 10-inch) sheet frozen puff pastry,
thawed and cut into 20 (1 by 4-inch) pieces
    I cut mine in half again

1 egg, beaten

Sauce

1/2 cup honey

1/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup powdered sugar

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom


Directions


For the cinnamon twists:


Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.

In a shallow bowl, mix together the cinnamon, sesame seeds, cardamom, and brown sugar. Twist 2 pieces of dough together to form a rope-shape. Pinch the ends together to seal. Brush the dough with the beaten egg and roll gently in the cinnamon mixture until coated. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until puffed and golden. Cool on a wire rack.



For the sauce:

In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, lemon juice, powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon cardamom until smooth. Pour into a small dipping bowl.(taste to see if you would like it sweeter)

Arrange the pastries on a platter and serve with the dipping sauce.

NOTE: The puff pastry that is available to me had to be rolled out
            Allow 2 hours for puff pastry to thaw

6 comments:

  1. Time allowing, I will take photos the next time around. Good Luck and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the kind and encouraging comment dear friend!.., It was lovely as always to speak with you!

    Your recipe looks yummy; it's a delight to have you partake with, Wednesday Tea For Me And Thee, this week!

    Cheers, blessings and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am impressed, you did well for just 14 mins. of time. They look delish, I love cinnamon and honey too!
    Hope you have a lovely day dear,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pastries look really good. I've never cooked with cardamon so it would be interesting for me to try something new - thanks for the recipe! Would love to join you for tea and cinnamon sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there once again sweet friend!

    Just thought I'd pop by to invite you to enjoy a wee peek at my, The Plumed Pen blog..,I finally 'took the plunge', and have taken part in Susan's fabulous,'Tablescape Thursday' @ "Between Naps On The Porch"!~ What fun!~

    I hope you'll try a few of those wonderful ideas that you had mentioned in past phone conversations, featuring your oh-so fabulous red dining room someday soon! I'm longing to see more of it!.. 'Nudge,nudge,tickle,tickle,wink, wink"; really what ever it takes my friend!.., I know you'll be glad you did!!

    And by the way, what do you think was one of the favorite features of my latest tablescape creation?.., I'll give you 'a hint'; it was a lovely hostess gift that you and your husband so kindly gifted my hubby and I with several years ago when you both last visited!!


    Can you guess?~ Kindly just leave a comment and let me know?!

    Cheers, blessings and hugs, Wanda Lee @ The Plumed Pen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my soul!..,Oh mmy, ooooh my! I check this link every day with great relish, anticipation and delight! I gasped when I saw this! It is soooo beautiful..,

    Silly me, I'm 'almost in tears' of delight and happiness for you, so fairly tickled pink with pleasure for you; your new blog look is so lovely dear, sweet 'Paper Butterfly'!I alwasy knew you have amazing taste and taht it would be!

    You see, for me and others, the pleasure in seeing you blog is that it then is NOT about me or them, but the focus is delightfully on YOUR God given talents!!

    Cheers, blessings and Hugs

    P.S.~ Rose had me guest blog today;I'd love to have you do the same for me, as would she I'm sure; see her new post if you'd like! We both are so enamoured of your amazing talent for writng!~Also,we want to encourage, (yet give you space as a very busy lady); anyway we can dear friend!

    ReplyDelete