background

Lady Pamela's Tea Parlor

Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Breath of Fresh Air

Dear Friends, (old and new but always cherished)

In these turbulent times I feel an inkling of hope. Yes, I do feel uncomfortable with the uncertain events that continue to unfold daily, and no doubt it will be a long time before we see all the repercussions. But I believe it is in these times that we re-evaluate what is true and important to us. As the dust settles and the air becomes clear we will take a breath of fresh air and know that we are stronger for the struggle just as the new life that struggles out from the cocoon flourishes into a beautiful butterfly. We will be more resilient, more creative and more compassionate.

I think of my grandmother, who lived through the 30's, trying to maintain a household and be a good wife and mother. Even though I never knew her I feel that I have a connection to her through history because we are traveling in similar times. She became adept at re-purposing mundane objects. Flour sacks were fashioned into play dresses for my mom and aunties. Recycling, I believe is the new term.

I want to embrace the challenges in a positive way. Enjoying simple pleasures that have been lost in this era of globalization. Bringing new ideas on how we entertain, decorate and develop relationships. I look forward to sharing my experiences with you and perhaps you with me.

Yes, breathe in the fresh air and let the butterfly in you soar.

The Paper Butterfly

2 comments:

  1. Wow Paper Butterfly, loved your recent blog piece on porridge! Can't wait to try the recipe my self; great way to start the morning during the winter deep freeze! Love the new look of your blog as well ! You're an excellent writer also; keep up the good work!

    Cheers, from Silken Purse

    ReplyDelete
  2. fresh air is only possible if we havebest air purifiers ​at our homes and offices

    ReplyDelete