background

Lady Pamela's Tea Parlor

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Its More Than Just a "Thank You"

Its More Than Just a Thank You

H ave you been to a friend’s for a cup of tea or perhaps dinner recently? When the evening was done and you said your good byes, did you say, “Thank you” ? Most probably you did, automatically. The words are spoken and accepted in mere moments. How can we express our gratitude with a longer lasting impression?

M ay I suggest an email or a quick phone call the next day. It says more because you have taken the time, our most precious gift, to say thank you, in a sincere way. But a very powerful and tangible way to communicate is through a card; purchased or hand-crafted with a hand-written note. Taking the time to put pen to paper is a fading tradition, but it says so much more. “ I enjoyed our time together”. “You always make me feel welcome”. “I love your cooking”. “Thank you for your interest in me and my family”. “ You are a special friend”.

T he note need not be long. You may want to thank your host for the time shared from a busy schedule or a special food prepared. Highlighting one thing that you appreciated is …….the message. You may be in a c o l o u r f u l mood and chose ink to reflect that, or sophisticated
and use gold or silver ink and it makes the task more f u n. Being a thoughtful guest is just as important as being a thoughtful host.

I f you are so inclined you can add a personalized touch to the envelope, simply by purchasing the collectors' stamps from the post office. They aren’t more expensive, just unique. Maybe, add a doodle or a sticker on the back of the envelope or a wax seal. I have purchased stamps with silver initials at the Dollar Store to add to my envelopes.

R emembering my motto, "K-I-S-S," keep it stylish and simple”. Of course that is your style, which is perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post!..,"and what to my wondering eyes did I see"?.., Just logged on to see if anything was new!..,Lo and behold.., Keep up the good work, Paper Butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I just traveled over via Silken Purse and read your post on handwritten notes (thank you's in particular). I'm in total agreement, especially in light of my current circumstances. Thank YOU for the gentle reminder. Leslie Anne

    ReplyDelete