HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!
May you feel blessed!
These are incredible!
Great chocolatey flavor
Quick to stir up and easy to make, a big hit!
Zucchini makes these treats nice and moist.
Chocolate-Zucchini Tea Cakes
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 large egg
• 24 walnut halves
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 cup finely grated zucchini (from 1 medium zucchini)
• 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/2 cup (3 ounces) bittersweet chocolate, chopped, or chocolate chips
• 3 tablespoons sour cream
• 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, stir together butter, sugar, salt, and egg until combined. Add vanilla, zucchini, and sour cream and stir until incorporated. Sift flour and cocoa powder into bowl and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate.
2. Spray two mini muffin pans with cooking spray. Fill each cup with 2 tablespoons batter and top with a walnut. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, 15 to 17 minutes. Let muffins cool slightly in pans on wire racks before serving. (Store in an airtight container, up to 3 days.)
You can substitute pecans for the walnuts, or toast the nuts first for extra flavour and crunch ( I am wondering if I could glaze the walnuts first, (worth a few extra calories) and still bake them on the muffins. Any thoughts ???)
Prep: 15 minutes Total: 30 minutes
Marthastewart.com: Chocolate-Zucchini Cakes with Walnuts - Martha Stewart Recipes
You may make a few substitutions to make them a tiny bit healthier- Use 1/2 whole wheat pastry flour and non-fat Greek yogurt in place of sour cream. They were still delicious.
Served at Tuesday's Tea