background

Lady Pamela's Tea Parlor

Saturday, January 15, 2011

38th, Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday; marmalade


Welcome to....

38th,  Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday







Each small task of everyday life is part
of the total harmony of the universe.

                                                                                                         St. Therese of  Lisieux



A warm wintery welcome to all of  you.  I am pleased to be part of the festivities this week as I am well.  I hope you are well too!

Do  you sometimes dream of  lounging in a luxurious bed, clothed in an etheral gown, eating the best pastries and fruits as you read your favorite books?  I do.  But the reality this week for me, was a mound of rumpled bed linens , wound around a limp flannel-gowned body, nibbling on toast and tea , one hand on the remote.  Quiet time but not enjoyable.  I am now attending to the daily tasks at hand, just enjoying each moment.

While you settle yourself  in a cozy chair I will set off to the kitchen to boil the water for the tea.  Its tea and toast today.  What do you prefer on your toast?  Friends have shared a jar of homemade marmalade.  The oranges are from their orange tree, which grows in their bay window.   I will be inquiring about ingredients and technique and share it with you.



GOOD Morning Sunshine



I may not be awake or do I need those
glasses more than I thought?
Mismatched cream and sugar??? and I didn't
notice until my shoot was done


They look quite cute















An amazing vibrant orange jam
Placed butter and marmalade on a mirror to protect the table.









Thank you for sharing your time and talents with all of us.
~ I encourage you to stop by and savour another cup of tea while you enjoy her pretty vignettes.
The more the fun!



*Mr. Linky will arrive soon.

We don't want to miss a single teacup or teapot!
As always we cherish your comments and participation
in our Tuesday meme.




 ~You will be warmly welcomed if you choose to

become a follower!~



Welcome to..,
 Tuesday Tea Time In Blogland!

These are the links to the other oh-so-delightful tea parties and tabletop parties that I attend.

I invite you to drop in. Many thanks to those who faithfully host each week.


                                                                                                 ~ Hope to see you there!!


(Our own memes are marked with an asterisk*):





*~The 66th, 'Tuesday Tea For Two'
@ http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com/

~ Tuesday Teatime with Lady Katherine
@ http://www.ladykatherineteaparlor.blogspot.com/

~ Teatime Tuesday with Sandi
@ http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/

~ Teacup Tuesday with Martha
@ http://marthasfavorites.blogspot.com/

~ Teacup Tuesday with Terri
@ http://artfulaffirmations.blogst.com/

~ Tabletop Tuesday with Marti
@ http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/

*~ The 38th, 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday', with Wanda Lee and Pam @
http://breathoffreshair-paperbutterfly.blogspot.com/
and http://silkenpurse.blogspot.com/


Other favorite memes:

~Tablescape Thursday with Susan
@ http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

~ Foodie Friday with Michael
@ http://www.designsbygollum.blogspot.com/

~Sunday Favorites with Chari
@ http://happytodesign.blogspot.com/


Cheers and hugs from Pam and Wanda Lee; ( Wanda Lee is the other half of our weekly blog tea party meme; 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday' @ http://silkenpurse.blogspot.com


24 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty pale yellow cup and saucer and the marmalade looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted a comment, (that also included with details about your house pictures), on your recent blog post and such, in detail and 'ugh', blogger bumped me out!.., It happens rarely, yet it is super annoying!

    ..,(I may re-comment in greater detail later)...,

    Take care Pam! ~ Everything is lovely as always! Thanks for co-hosting, 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday' once again.

    Cheers, blessings and hugs,

    Wanda Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear Pam,
    I'm glad you're up and around once more. Sickness isn't fun! I love your mismatched sugar and creamer, and the pale yellow teacup and dessert plate are very pretty too! A very pretty post. Feel much better soon, my friend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the yellow cup and saucer. Very pretty tea set.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of the mismatching compliment and marry so well. Thank you for hosting.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi: I can't chose which I love the most, every thing looks so beautiful. The tea pot is stunning by the way. Thank you for doing this every week. I always look forward to what you are sharing. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely breath of spring in this post. Very pretty displays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the set you shared here.. reminds me of spring that coming soon I hope! love the yellow colour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The yellow teacup is so cheery, how can you not smile when you sip tea from it?

    I hope you are feeling much better by now. Toast with marmalade and hot tea sound so refreshingly delicious right now. Plus, I do have some good books to finish reading...

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is nothing wrong with mismatch! Beautiful white tea pot and the yellow teacup is a real stunner. I love the scallops. mamalade .... one of my favorite things !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the mismatch and I do it on purpose! Some day I want to own a bistro on the sea for all my fancy things and tea, however mismatched they might be, they bring a world of happiness to me! Now that I follow you, come over and a new follower be, whilst I prepare a pot of tea!

    Valrie @ poemsmyway@yahoo.com
    http://poemsmyway-Valrie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your teacups and teapot are spectacular, as is your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The yellow teacup is lovely. Your photos are beautiful, Pam. The tablescape is very inviting. I'm feeling the need for tea and toast at this very moment! Thanks for hosting and I hope you're feeling better.
    ~ Lynn at Cottage and Creek

    ReplyDelete
  14. simply darling! that's what! I love this cup..and yellow is really growing on me....I must invest in one for my own collection the next time I see one in my treasure hunting!

    come by and visit with me..I'm playing along...it's been too long since joining in on all of the tea time fun!

    ciao bella
    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pam,
    your tea trio is so nice, looks so springy to me. And you made such a wonderful tea table with all the precious things. Thank you for having me for tea.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I love the yellow tea cup and saucer. So dainty! I also love your silver toast holder.
    I like raspberry jam on my toast thank you...but I would also love to try some marmalade : )
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad to hear that you are feeling better! I became ill on Christmas Day, of all things ,with the awful intestinal bug that has been going around and was sick for 4 days!!
    Now let me tell you that this is truly an elegant Tea post!
    Your sparkling clear glassware and that magnificently shaped tea pot are stunning! And that delicate tea cup is pure perfection!!
    Just beautiful!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Pam
    Sharing my Tea cups with you is a great pleasure
    I'm really glad visiting you every Tuesday
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, that is just about the most perfect setting for tea that I've seen! Loved it, and I d love to share a cup. Drop by for lunch with me, and you won't even need to get out of your jammies. I've been in mine for a few weeks, recuperating from a bug.

    Happy Tablescape Thursday to you...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pam, Your yellow cup and saucer are so pretty!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! I think the mismatched creamer and sugar are lovely...adds character. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your photos are so pretty, Pam. All your tea cups and pots look wonderful. I love everything!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely! You've set another beautiful table. I actually prefer mismatched pieces - like your creamer and sugar. I have a number of "sets" of china, but choose to mix them up when I use them. ;)

    Thanks for linking to the party.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete