background

Lady Pamela's Tea Parlor

Saturday, April 30, 2011

The 53rd Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday; King George VI



Welcome to our 53rd,

 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday'!






Human love and the delights of friendship,
out of which are built the memories that
endure, are also to be treasured up as
hints of what shall be hereafter.

Bede Jarrett


Welcome to all our dear friends!  Thank you for dropping by for tea and sharing your favorite treasures. Many "Thank you's",  are expressed in today's post.  I am always eager and grateful to receive guests, like yourself. Tea is such a universal bond.  This week I want to say "Thank you", to those kind souls who sent messages and prayers when I was not well over the Easter weekend.  A true blessing.  And to my dear friend Wanda, for caring and visiting with me, when I was at her home.  "Thank you" dear friend for your many kindnesses.We missed the midnight chatter, the laughter, the secrets, the shopping, antiquing and foodie adventures with tea.  I can't imagine that I returned without a new teacup...but shows you how dreadful I felt.  Better days ahead and Wanda and I will make up for the time lost this visit.

The talk around the tea table will be a buzz with the world events as they have unfolded the last week or so.  I wonder how many ideas we could put on a list of what we are grateful for.
I'll start with a couple: a loving God and his gift of life eternal, friends I hope will be there with me.





Getting organized




New gold spoons, from Homesence.




Finally a sign of spring and new life starting to flourish.




A regal teapot to celebrate the royal wedding.
Must wear pearls!!




Intricate pattern




King George V



Gold coin from 1912
Remarkable craftsmithship
A gift from dear Gladys




The back of the coin
Can you distinguish his ear and top of his head?




Two cups
One for you and one for me




Layers

















I Thessalonians 5:18
In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

I Thessalonians 5:18 (The Message)
16-18 Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.

* . * . * . * . *



PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION ON OUR MAY MINI TEAPOT SWAP COMING RIGHT UP, ON THIS MAY THE 24TH @ http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com/2011/05/you-will-find-information-for-our-may.html


Our own memes are marked with and asterisk*

Here are the tea memes:
*~The 81st,  Tuesday Tea For Two with Wanda Lee @ http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com/

~ Tuesday Teatime with Lady Katherine @ http://ladykatherineteaparlor.blogspot.com/

~ Teatime Tuesday with Sandi @ http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/

~ Teacup Tuesday with Martha @ http://marthasfavorites.blogspot.com/

~ Teacup Tuesday with Terri @ http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com


*~ The 53rd, Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday with Wanda Lee and Pam @ http://breathoffreshair-paperbutterfly.blogspot.com/

*~ The 53rd, Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday with Wanda Lee and Pam @ http://silkenpurse.blogspot.com  

 ~ Tuesday Tea with Donna @ http://thehomemakingarts.blogspot.com/

~Teacup Thursday @ http://missspensersblog.blogspot.com/

*~ Also.., 


~ Tabletop Tuesday with Marti @ http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/


~Tablescape Thursday with Susan @ http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/


Welcome to, 'Tuesday Tea Time In Blogland',
once again my dear fellow blog friends!
  

Cheers and Hugs from Pam and Wanda Lee~ ( Wanda Lee is the other half of, Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday @ http://silkenpurse.blogspot.com



20 comments:

  1. Lovely post! Thank you for hosting. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely verses! Thanks for having us!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam,
    I hope you're feeling better! I always enjoy the scriptures you share. Hope you have a lovely week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam,

    Tears of gratiude and love and a longing for 'what might have been', also, had you not been as unwell as you unfortunately were my dear friend..,God has better days ahead for all of us by His grace, especailly you dear Pam I'm sure!

    I love this post!..,So beautiful in every detail; wonderful and timely scripture selection as well.

    How do you do it all!?

    I do so hope that you are feeling much better!..,


    God bless you!

    W.L.

    P.S.~ Thanks for the tea, patience, delicious steak dinner, wee talks and even lovely flowers and candlelight that we did have!.., You will get that tea cup next time I'm sure Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, I am so glad to hear you are better! I hope that you continue to feel good and have a wonderful spring.
    The tea cups you shared are gorgeous. I love the one with the gold Fleur de lis! So pretty!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you are feeling better. What a Blessing. Your teapot is fabulous and decorated with the pearls on the stand is stunning. You always show such lovely things and such beautiful vignettes. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Pam
    I am really glad hearing you are well and we can share a cup of tea
    Your tea cups are beautiful
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your teapot is gorgeous! And the teacups are no second best! beautiful! Your vignettes are a delight, as usual. Thank your for sharing so much beauty with us in every post you publish.
    I´m really glad that you are better.
    best wishes,
    Fábio

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Pam! Hope you're feeling better! I know that can be pretty rough! Of course you've set a lovely table once again - love the deep colors in the teapot and in the teacups - the gold coin is beautiful! Thank you for sharing these with A Return to Loveliness,
    God Bless<
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am happy to read you are on the mend and see you have posted a tea time Tuesday. Seeing this tea cup is a Royal Albert , and knowing my favorite tea cups here at home are also Royal Albert, well.. seems we both appreciate a good tea cup and probably a good cup of tea !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning! I love the pearls and you're right, you must wear pearls. The fresh flowers shout "spring is here!" and look lovely on your table. Thank you for sharing your lovely tablescape.

    Miss Mindy
    The Howell Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pictures are so lovely--pretty treasures. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing these beautiful images. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Stanley cup with the fleur de lis is just gorgeous! I'd nap that up in a nano second!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the gold spoons AND that white/gold Stanley tea cup.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Pam found you on VTT but not sure which post is which. It doesn't matter. I am so pleased to meet you and love the china with the fleur de lis since that is the official symbol of Louisville Ky. up the road from em. I can tell you have been ill and prayers will be sent up for you as you will go on my prayer list, if ok with you. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what wonderful china all the colour and shape of the first and beautiful design of the 2nd thanks for sharing

    Love dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beautiful china, and such a gorgeous tea pot! I have the honor of being your "linky neighbor" over at My Romantic Home. Have a wonderful week, tami

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well I'm glad you are better! This is a lovely spring tea post. I love that Tea Pot1 Very regal indeed! :)

    Thank you so much for linking up to Fresh-Cut Friday!!! I really appreciate it! :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so sorry that you were ill over Easter. My computer was down for ten days, so I was unaware of your illness. But I'm now able to make the rounds to visit my blogging friends - like you. ;)

    As always, your tea settings look divine. And I wish to thank you, also, for your faithful use of Scripture verses in your posts. The one in this post is a timely reminder for me in the trial I'm currently facing.

    Thank you for continuing to link to the party with your delightful posts.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete