background

Lady Pamela's Tea Parlor

Monday, October 17, 2011

The 77 th Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday

The 77th

Teapot And  Tea Things Tuesday








When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
                                                                                           pub 1897  Johnson Oatman Jr.
 

I have missed sharing tea with all of you the past few months. I welcome those who have been here frequently in the past To those of you that I have yet to meet, I look forward to doing so. I couldn't begin to relate the details of  "the ups and downs", in the very few minutes I have to spare. I will though in the near future.  Rest assured that all is well.  Please excuse the fairy dust that has collected on my blog.  I am looking forward to sprucing it up as time permits.

Have you had a busy week? .....Sometimes, my imagination dramatizes my day to day life. I imagine my chaotic, challenging life as a tropical storm/hurricane in the great ocean. Once I pause and draw near to God, in times of stress I gain perspective  and see it as it really is "a tempest in a teapot".

I  researched the well-known phrase in Wikipedia. Tempest in a teapot (in American English), storm in a teacup (in British English) is an idiom meaning a small event that has been exaggerated out of proportion.[1] There are also lesser known variants, such as storm in a cream bowl, storm in a hand-wash basin, tempest in a glass of water,[2] and storm in a glass of water.
Both the American and British phrases are long preceded by Cicero's Latin "Excitabat enim fluctus in simpulo".[5] The phrase, translated literally, reads: "He was stirring up billows in a ladle".[citation needed]

More reason to sit a while in a comfy chair with a friend and catch up on life's adventures. It is not merely sharing a cup of tea but the experience that becomes the salve to the soul.  Whether I choose to set a traditional table, with linens, flowers and candles or simply offer a favorite teacup, it is the act of other centredness that redirects my focus and calms the storm in my mind, bringing my attention to a more positive place.


I am grateful for early morning light


and how it plays


I used a small mirror under the cream and sugar to protect the linens
But I discovered how the sun, mirror and crystal played together
So much fun for the photographer.




The silhouette of these three pretties compliment each other.
What can I do with them?


Glass plate from Home Sense, there was only one
$2.99


Add a petite crystal vase


My mom's milk glass dish
I remember it as the peanut dish at bridge parties
Now to peek in the cupboards and find something
sweet or savory to serve in my new dish




A special guest is invited to watch over us



Offering pearls of wisdom if you choose
















































Which teacup do you prefer?





With the Canadian Thanksgiving being celebrated on Monday, October eleventh, it only seems appropriate to reflect on what I am thankful for. Life is full of wonderful things and may I say, small miracles if you look for them. I invite you to join in the fun!


I am thankful for:

1. God’s unending grace in my life

2. Opportunities that challenge me to give my utmost

3. The smell of fragrant tea steeping

4. The warmth my hands feel holding a cup of tea on a cool autumn day

5. Friends that share a cup of tea with me, and warm my heart

6. I am thankful for the many friendships as unique as my teacups and always room for more

7. I am thankful for the many colours of each season that Nature brings

8. I am thankful for my family, with their big hearts and all of their wonderful quirks

9. I am thankful for the good health we are blessed with

10. I am thankful for each new day, so that I may see and experience God’s blessings as I try to walk with Him.

What would be on your list?
Take a moment to "count your blessings one by one". You'll feel the richer in spirit for it.



1 Thessalonians 5:18
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.



We thank all who are so generous with their time and willing to share their treasures with us. We invite you to take a moment to enjoy the vignettes and special tea treasures that the lovely tea ladies want to share, compliments of Mr. Linky!..,

*P.S.~ Dearest blog friends,  if you had planned to join us and find us not quite ready yet, kindly leave a comment then and either Pam or Wanda Lee will be happy to pop by to your blog when our post is up and ready with Mr.Linky, (to save you having to check back during you own busy day).., Thanks

The sincere invitation to join the party is always there..,





Welcome to,


Tuesday And Wednesday Teatime In Blogland!..,

These are the links to the other oh-so-delightful tea parties and tabletop parties that I attend as well as co-hosting, 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday'; ( the link for that weekly tea party is listed below).

~ I encourage you to stop by and savour another cup of tea while you enjoy their pretty vignettes. (no calories) These are hosted by lovely creative ladies.
~ Hope to see you there!!


~Our own memes are marked with and asterisk*:

* ~'The 106th, 'Tuesday Tea For Two' with Wanda Lee @ http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com/

~ Tuesday Teatime with Lady Katherine @ http://ladykatherineteaparlor.blogspot.com/

~ Teatime Tuesday with Sandi @ http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/

~ Teacup Tuesday with Martha @ http://marthasfavorites.blogspot.com/

~ Teacup Tuesday with Terri @ http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/

~ Tabletop Tuesday with Marti @ http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/

*~ The 77th, 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday' with Wanda Lee and Pam @ http://breathoffreshair-paperbutterfly.blogspot.com/

*~ The 77th,  'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday' with Wanda Lee and Pam @ http://silkenpurse.blogspot.com/


*~ 'Wednesday Tea For You and Me' with Wanda Lee @ http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com/


~Tablescape Thursday with Susan @ http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/


~Foodie Friday with Michael @ http://www.designsbygollum.blogspot.com/


~ Sunday Favorites with Chari @ http://happytodesign.blogspot.com/

~ Spiritual Sundays with Charlotte and Ginger @ http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/



Warmest regards from Pam and Wanda Lee.., ( Wanda Lee is the other half of our, 'Tea Pot And Tea Things Tuesday' weekly meme; you may find her @ http://silkenpurse.blogspot.com AND ALSO @ http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com




9 comments:

  1. So glad you are doing better! Thank you for sharing your heart - I am truly grateful for you!
    Kathy
    will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Pam! You have been missed, my friend. I hope you're settled and able to enjoy a leisurely cup of tea. Your crystal is gorgeous and I love how the light reflects through it. Your teacups are lovely and I thank you for sharing your heart with us here in blogland. I look forward to more lovely posts in the future.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray!.., Read my, 'The plumed Pen', post dear Pam and you'll see why.., "I'm running to catch up to the tea trolley', once again this week.., Be back later on Tuesday!..,

    LOVELY!

    Hugs, WL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're able to return to blogging. I've had to take several months off myself, and am just getting back into the joys of blog-land!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back...you have been missed! Love the Harvet Bouquet from RA. Lovely! And a lovely photo essay. Thanks for hosting.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you're back.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, I do hope you are on the road to increased health.
    Your post is beautiful. The tea cups are gorgeous! Truly, I love the Queen Anne the most. I adore that color of blue.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy you are feeling better and lovely to see you posting such beautiful teascapes. I love the crystal used with the pretty china cups. Such a treat. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete