background

Lady Pamela's Tea Parlor

Monday, October 24, 2011

The 78th Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday, Rustic Lantern:


Welcome to the 78th,

Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday!..,




The deepest urge in every human heart is to be in relationship with someone who absolutely delights in us.

                                                                                                 ~ Larry Crabb, Psychologist


Pleases enjoy this afternoon tea, reprise post..,

I am also happy to be once again joining dear Chari for Sunday Favorites this week. @ http://happytodesign.blogspot.com/



Welcome to my cozy corner. It is a blustery and very cool day. With each gust of wind a few more leaves swirl, curtsy, and bow to the ground. A reminder that the summer has past and the winds of change are blowing. The sky is a brilliant sapphire blue. The sun is shining so brightly, I am determined to focus on the wonder of the c o l o u r s before me. It is a great day for a steaming cup of tea. I think a cup of chai will be perfect as I sit by the fireplace.



I  have been feeling the burden of half completed projects and miscellaneous things to-do. I have been carrying this list around in my head for several days. Other things have taken priority but now is the time to write a list and complete each task one by one. I love the feeling when I put a check mark beside an item on my list! I feel such …..satisfaction.


O f course, having my cup of tea really is a priority. A short respite from the chaos of daily events is good for the soul. So today I will share my cup of tea with you and a couple of dear people that I would like to voice my appreciation to, with a note of thanks.


W hile I put the kettle on to boil I will find the appropriate cards and my address book, that I store in a unique place. I have re-purposed a set of luggage that belonged to my dear Aunt. Stacking luggage has created a small table for a favorite lamp and inside the makeup case I store all things necessary to compose a note, write a letter and decorate the envelope. (More creative ideas are in an earlier blog) The easier it is to organize myself the more apt I am to succeed in this task.


A cup of tea, is a fragrant plant(s) steeping in boiling water or it is the beginning of a connection with one who yearns for a relationship with you. Take the time and settle down with your cup of tea and write a note to some one who needs to know you care for them. Or chat on the phone to some one far away. You both will be glad you did.



L et some one know that you delight in them as the heavenly Father delights in you. Tea is a time for sharing. It is good for the soul. Let’s invite someone else to our tea party!





Creative beginnings, early in the morning







I was inspired by the intense blue sky and the burnt orange of the remaining leaves 





Choosing the pieces



The ornate designs called for classic simplicity
of my mother's good set of dishes.
Purchased almost 50 years ago



Serving plate ~ Limoges




One teacup from my mother's dearest friend, Gladys
The other I bought as a companion for it
It just seemed to be so lonely.












ANSLEY
Fine Bone China from England
Highfield
I look forward to showing more pieces in the future




I enjoyed looking for pieces to compliment
my mother's china to give as Christmas presents.



I found this in a consignment shop and had to bring it home
Appears to be a fine embroidered fabric encased in glass, (all 4 sides),
I would love to know its history!!  Such tales it could tell!

Opens for a candle





Let some one know that you delight in them as the heavenly Father delights in you. Tea is a time for sharing. It is good for the soul. Let’s invite someone else to our tea party!



These are the links to the other oh-so-delightful tea parties and tabletop parties that I attend as well as co-hosting, 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday'; ( the link for that weekly tea party is listed below). ~ I encourage you to stop by and savour another cup of tea while you enjoy their pretty vignettes. (no calories) These are hosted by lovely creative ladies.~ Hope to see you there!!

Many thanks to those who faithfully host each week.


If you have a moment to linger I invite you to stop in to The Silken Purse 

 to see what my co hostess, Wanda Lee, has for us to savour.


The more the fun!

We don't want to miss a single teacup or teapot!

*************

As always, we cherish your comments and participation



with our Tuesday meme.


~You will be warmly welcomed if you choose to become a follower!~


Welcome to,

 Tuesday Teatime

In Blogland!


These are the links to the other oh-so-delightful tea parties and tabletop parties that I attend.

I invite you to drop in. ~ Many thanks to those who faithfully host each week.


~ Hope to see you there!!


~ A Return to Loveliness with Kathy 

 ~ Angel Wings and Apron Strings 


Other favorite places I may visit this week:

Wow Us Wednesday with Kim
@ http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/


~Tablescape Thursday with Susan
@ http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/





Time Travel Thursdays at Brambleberry Cottage


~Show and Tell Friday with Cindy

Vintage Inspiration Friday with Debra
@ http://commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/


~ Foodie Friday with Michael


~Sunday Favorites with Chari  



Cheers and hugs from Pam and Wanda Lee; @ 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday'. (Wanda Lee is the other half of our weekly blog tea part) @ http://silkenpurse.blogspot.com


 

20 comments:

  1. Such pretty tea cups and dishes in beautiful colors and patterns!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh-so-pretty Pam!

    So glad you're back!.., Thanks for co-hosting dearest friend. ~ Your posts are always so full of inspiration and artistic beauty!

    Love the extra strands of pearls, cozy rustic lamp with it's warm, golden blow and those fabulous china pieces with the deep blues, indigo, burnt orange and rich gold hues especially.

    Do also come by for tea and a wee visit Pam!

    God bless, Hugs, WL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Pam,
    So happy to have you back! Your tea post is a delight to be sure and I always enjoy the sentiment. The Imari teacups {I have one too} are gorgeous and so lovely especially this time of year. The Ansley china is beautiful as well. Thank you for sharing your pretties with us and I wish you a lovely week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recognize a Wileman Imari in your teacups. Imari is a favorite design because of it's bold colors. Chai is perfect with that as the design is Eastern in origin. So nice to have you posting again...you have been missed! I raise my teacup to you!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is extraordinary!! Those dishes of your mothers are just beautiful so elegant w/ the gold trim, I adore that. Quite an amazing post and it reminds me of the importance of letter writing...I used to do that more often and I need to get back into the swing of that. Good to have you back to post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a beautiful post! I love the lantern! How unusual. Have a great week! Thank you for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the most gorgeous tea cups I have ever seen! A lovely post, I've stopped and looked carefully at each photo and your mother's dishes are stunning! I used to love letter writting but with the computer now I got lazy...what a shame. Thank you for sharing such an amazing post and for hosting too. Lots of hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post...I enjoyed the inspirational thoughts on sharing. The tea setting is elegant and appealing. I'm always drawn to cobalt blue, cream and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow how pretty! There's just something special about pearls and china together! LOVE the dripping pearls from the beautiful teapot!
    I'm going to join you for tea!
    Thanks so much for joining me for Pearls and Lace Thursday! Lovely post!
    Blessings, Doni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Those are just gorgeous! Makes me want to start collecting!:) Thanx for coming by to party! I will have to remember yours if I ever do get some tea pots or cups!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty tea cups! I love the scalloped saucers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful settings! Have a lovely weekend!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pretty pieces. I love seeing the teapot draped in pearls. How regal!

    Thanks for joining Time Travel Thursday this week. Its always a pleasure to have you join the fun. ;)

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful collection ~ Love the stream of pearls coming from the tea pot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Pam...

    It's so very nice to visit with you, my friend! It has been awhile! I do hope that my note is finding you well! Ohhh my...I am a "list maker" as well! Don't feel so bad, my friend...my list of "To Do's" is quite lengthy!

    Your tea table is soooo very beautiful! Of course, I love that beautiful teapot and your photos are quite lovely with the pearls! Love that! Your teacups and saucers are so rich and elegant...as well as the Ansley china! What a lovely pattern! Everything is soooo beautiful, dear lady! Thank you for sharing it with us for the Sunday Favorites party this week! It was such a treat!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Pam,
    Beautiful teacups! Lovely post! I have been thinking of you and glad to see you're back! Hope you have a marvelous week, thanks for hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretties! Lovely blog post...enjoyed it very much.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete